Split is the second largest city in Croatia and capital of Dalmatia, world known for its 1700 years old Diocletian’s palace, the best-preserved monument of late antiquity in the whole world. Diocletian Palace and the entire historical core of Split have been on the World Heritage UNESCO list ever since 1979, and not only for the extraordinary preservation of the Palace, but also because the Palace and its city (or the city and its Palace, if you like) continue to live a full life. All historical layers from the old Rome, middle ages till today are still visible and alive in this structure.
The ‘Pearl of the Adriatic’ – it really is a stunning city with an amazing Old Town, that became a UNESCO’s World Heritage Site in 1979 and represent one of the most famous destination in Europe. Although it was severely damaged in an earthquake in 1667, Dubrovnik managed to preserve its beautiful Gothic, Renaissance and Baroque churches, monasteries, palaces and fountains. Stroll along Stradun, favorite promenade and meeting place, the main street going mid Old Town from Pile to Ploče Gate and do not miss out on the walk along the awesome fortified walls of Dubrovnik.
Day 1: Arrival to Split
Welcome to Croatia! Transfer to hotel. Rest of the day free. Overnight.
Day 2: Split – Trogir
Breakfast. Full day Split and Trogir private sightseeing with local guide
Split represents the historical center and the well-preserved remains of Diocletian’s Palace (UNESCO World Heritage List since 1979), built between the late 3rd and early 4th centuries A.D. The cathedral was built in the Middle Ages, reusing materials from the ancient mausoleum. 12th and 13th century Romanesque churches, medieval fortifications, 15th – century Gothic palaces and other palaces in Renaissance and Baroque style make up the rest of the protected area.
After lunch break visit to the city of Trogir – the town museum (UNESCO World Heritage List since 1997). Trogir is a remarkable example of urban continuity. The orthogonal street plan of this island settlement dates back to the Hellenistic period and it was embellished by successive rulers with many fine public and domestic buildings and fortifications. Its beautiful Romanesque churches are complemented by the outstanding Renaissance and Baroque buildings from the Venetian period. Free time. Return to Split, dinner in hotel and overnight.
Day 3: Split – Mostar
After breakfast, transfer to Mostar. After arrival check in to hotel. The city tour follows:
The historic town of Mostar was developed in the 15th and 16th centuries as an Ottoman frontier town and during the Austro-Hungarian period in the 19th and 20th centuries. Mostar has long been known for its old Turkish houses and Old Bridge – Stari Most (UNESCO World Heritage List since 2005). The Old Bridge area, with its pre-Ottoman, eastern Ottoman, Mediterranean and western European architectural features, is an outstanding example of a multicultural urban settlement. The reconstructed Old Bridge and the Old City of Mostar is a symbol of reconciliation, international co-operation and of coexistence of diverse cultural, ethnic and religious communities.
Day 4: Mostar – Dubrovnik
After breakfast, transfer to Dubrovnik. After arrival check in to hotel. City tour Dubrovnik old town walking tour with local guide follows: This ancient city surrounded by ramparts and fortresses abounds in architectural and cultural masterpieces carefully preserved for centuries. A pleasant walk will take you to the Rector’s Palace, the Dominican Monastery housing a rich collection of medieval paintings, the Franciscan Monastery, and many other intriguing sites. Rest of the afternoon free. Overnight.
Day 5: Dubrovnik – Full day excursion to Kotor bay (optional)
Breakfast in hotel. Free day.
We recommend a full day excursion in the Montenegro jewel – the Kotor bay – one of the most scenic and picturesque places on Adriatic Sea. It is also the biggest bay on Adriatic. Because of its strategic importance in this historically turbulent region, it has been under rule by different nations. Each of them left a mark that can be seen today in a beautiful blend of architectural influences: Romans, Turks, Venetians, and Austrians… Return to Dubrovnik for overnight.
Day 6: Dubrovnik – departure
After breakfast, check out from your hotel. Transfer to airport for departure flight.
PACKAGE PRICES PER PERSON (EUR): from 930€*
*contact us with exact dates and any new ideas for this tour, and we will create a personal quote for your request
TOUR PRICE INCLUDES:
- Arrival and departure transfer from Split Airport to Split hotel and from Dubrovnik hotel to Dubrovnik airport
- transfers between the cities as per chosen program category
- Accommodation in Split, Mostar and Dubrovnik based on room and bed&breakfast basis as per chosen hotel category (2 x nights – Split, 1 x night Mostar and 2 x nights in Dubrovnik)
- Split, Mostar & Dubrovnik private walking city tour
- Entrance fees to Franciscan Monastery
- All taxes and fees
TOUR PRICE DOES NOT INCLUDE:
- Flights – each passenger is responsible to book their own flight tickets, and let us know about the flight timetables in order to organize arrival/departure transfer
- Insurance – we consider adequate travel insurance to be essential. We cannot accept responsibility for any cost for you or any of your travel companions that may incur as a result of failing to take out insurance cover.
- Visa costs – if required for entry
- City tax – this is obligatory payment that you need to pay in hotels when checking out. City tax varies from city to city and the amount is from 1,4 € – 2 € per person per night.
- Additional meals, unless stated under price includes
- Additional entrance tickets, unless stated under price includes
- Tips for guides and drivers – it is desired; it is not mandatory. If you are satisfied with the service, organization and effort of our guides and drivers, it is nice to reward them (recommendation of the average tip 2-5 eur per person; the tip depends on your assessment and satisfaction and can be higher, and you determine it yourself if you want to leave it)
|BUDGET PROGRAM||STANDARD PROGRAM||DELUXE PROGRAM|
Hotel Categories as per program category
|SPLIT||ZAGREB 2*||PAX 3*||ART 4*||LUXE 4*S|
|MOSTAR||VILLA DIVANI 3*||HOTEL VILLA MILAS 3*||HOTEL EDEN 4*||HOTEL MEPAS 5*|
|DUBROVNIK||PERLA 3*||IVKA 3*||VALAMAR LA CROMA 4*||ROYAL PALM 5*|
|PETKA 3*||GRAND HOTEL DUBROVNIK4*||VALAMAR ARGOSY 4*||ROYAL PRINESS 5*
|ASTAREA 3*||MLINI 4*|
All hotel star category is per local category. Tourist and standard hotels may not follow the European standards in room furnishing. All hotel calculated are on bed and breakfast basis. Breakfast served in hotels are mainly hot or cold buffet with vegetarian food options. Some hotels might be closed during the winter period, and we reserve the right to offer higher range of hotel with the same price as you booked.
Optional tours – price per person
|Full day excursion to Kotor bay – shared tour on budget and standard program, and private tour on deluxe program
Cancellation terms and conditions:
- More than 35 days prior to arrival – bank transactional fees/credit card fees if you paid for deposit and we are refunding the deposit (max. 100 €)
- 35 – 21 days before arrival – 25% of package price
- 21 – 14 days before arrival – 50% of package price
- 14 – 7 days before arrival – 75% of package price
- Less than 7 days and non-show – 100% of package price
You have an idea? Contact us for a solution!
When you are looking for a local expert for seamless experience and high quality programs, look no further, contact us for a program and offer.